Friday, February 13, 2009

Five-Finger Discount

I can't help myself, I've been thinking about this one today for some reason. There have been many occasions where we realize that Esther has helped herself to something, and been very sneaky if not downright dishonest. There was recently an occasion when Jerry was with her at the dollar store and realized she had taken something. He gave her talking to about it. We once took Esther with us to Rexburg, Idaho to visit Brandon and Traci. Several months later, when we next saw them, Traci told me that when we visited Esther kept commenting about her little cutting board. She kept talking about it, how it was the "perfect size", "justs fits in your hand so perfectly", and things like that. She couldn't find it after we left. No proof, but it did disappear in the very small place they were living in while at school in Rexburg.

When we visited my sister in Colorado Springs, Esther came to breakfast one morning with a very glittery face. It seems she decided to go poking around in everyone's dresser drawers while we were all upstairs and she got into some glitter lotion that belonged to one of my nieces. The proof was all over her face--she was shining. Jerry said, "Mom, you are looking very glittery this morning." She had no idea what he was talking about but she smiled and thanked him anyway. We all had a good chuckle, even my sister, but later she let me know that I didn't need to bring Esther the next time I came to visit. ( It is freaky to think of some old lady poking through you stuff.)

No comments: