Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mexican Baby

When Jerry and I were first married, I had no idea what his parents were like. I'd met them once and they did not come to our wedding or reception. They also lived in California. Jerry and I wanted children right away so it did not take long before I was expecting our first baby. Esther and Lee came for a visit and when Jerry was at work Esther talked to me about something she'd like me to do for them. They were having some problems with a piece of property and some money that they had in Mexico. It would be so great for them if I would go to Mexico to have the baby. Then the baby would be a Mexican citizen as well as a US citizen. Then they could deed the property to the baby and put the money in the baby's name and then they would be able to get their money back. Esther said they were willing to pay for everything if I would just go to Mexico to have my baby. I didn't know what to say. I said I'd talk it over with Jerry. When he came home and I had a chance to talk to him I know my eyes were as big a saucers when I told him what his parents wanted. He just said, "No, you are not doing that." I was glad because I didn't want to go to Mexico to have the baby. It was my first and I did not know what would happen, or if I could even deliver a baby without complications. So, if Esther and Lee had gotten their way, Brandon would be part Mexican.

1 comment:

Trac said...

I'm glad you didn't have to have Brandon in Mexico. That is too funny.