Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Like That Man

A few years ago Esther was into riding the Greyhound Bus around the country. She'd get a 30 day bus pass and just ride whichever way the bus was going. She enjoyed the riding, since she couldn't see anything much. She enjoyed visiting with the people on the bus, her captive audience. She came home from one trip and told me this: "I just wasn't thinking the right thing. All this time I've been thinking 'female'. Well, I was talking to this man. He was going to pick up a truck he'd bought. We talked almost all day and then it was his place to get off. I said 'goodbye' and he got off. Well, we were over an hour down the road and I thought, 'Hey, I like that man!!', and I got up out of my seat, thinking I might convince the bus driver to turn around and take me back. If I'd just been thinking 'male'!"

No comments: